Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Week Before Release


Next Friday is the set release date of our first album, Invite. Everything seems to be in order now.


There is, however, some bad news too: Both drummer and bassist are recovering from injuries that prevent them from playing for a while. So, even if we could have a release party, we would not be able to play live. And we can't anyway, because next couple of weeks strict restrictions will come in place. This is of course because of the pandemic, and it's been getting worse in our area. It's as bad as in the capital city. The restrictions prohibit gatherings larger than six people even now, so any kind of real party is impossible. 

It's actually kind of sad that we can't really celebrate our first release properly, but I guess many bands are in the same situation now. Let's just hope next summer will be better and that gradually life will come back and live music will be possible again. Luckily, we have something planned for the release date, and that is the music video for the song Invite Me In.

Part of that video was of course included in our introduction video. The whole video will be much more than the snippet and I have a feeling it's going to be quite enjoyable. Hopefully you'll enjoy it too!

Here's some sneaky peakies from the editing sessions, which we did together with Videoketju's Pasi, who has helped us before with our videos. 




Either I'm not too happy with the results, or just making a face...






Green witch or Sheschreck?



Now that the album itself is ready, I've had time to start working on merchandise. I plan to use the themes of the album, but alter it slightly so I can print it myself with one colour. That is, white on black fabric. Let's see how it works out. I'd like to do something else than the regular T-shirt with the print, which you can get form a manufacturer very cheap. I dislike the idea of doing merchandise in the easiest and cheapest possible way, which is why I intend to do it the hard way, myself. But, since design is my other profession, I trust it's going to work out. I'll post about it's progress later.

I'm currently posting something about every song from the album on our social media channels, so keep your eyes peeled for those. And wait just a couple of more days for the album itself! It's been so nice to see all the anticipation so far, a genuine thanks for all the attention! We can't wait to be there, a band with a released debut album! Because as you know, that's only the start of it all...

Love and kindness to you all

Flora






No comments:

Post a Comment