Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Some Updates


Things are going crazy everywhere and social distancing is the thing right now. So it would seem that we have a lot more time in our hands for making music. But in reality, working from home eats up your time just as well, or even worse than going somewhere else to do it. Starting the work gets harder, and all the undone chores and things catch your attention. And when you finish, you can't really let go of the work stuff. Home life and free time get mixed up with work. This is the reality in many homes right now. 

For me, this was the norm when working part time and doing the music stuff at home, before I started working at the manufacturing place. I'm slipping into my old habits as the covid-situation prolongs...The up-side to this is that you can gets the things done when ever you feel like it. The downside is those things mentioned above. 

Anyway, we've made some progress with our debut album, which we hope will be finished and available in summer 2020. After releasing Good People in December 2019, we have recorded and produced two tracks that will be included on the album. That is, mixing drums, recording bases, guitars and vocals, mixing, re-editing, adding some details and final touches etc... They're now mixed and ready to be mastered!

Invite Me In is a song you can definitely dance to. It's the one the record company we tried working with wanted to produce. I'm actually happy we didn't choose that one to do with them. It turned out quite nice, if I may say so myself. Still gives me the prickles in my neck. Siouxsie and the Banshees was once again a great inspiration in this one. 

Drifting Leaves is the sad, slow track of the album. I don't know about you, but I enjoy those ones. This one gave me the chance to do something unconventional for a goth song, and I ended up using a vibraphone. But the whole song is quite heavily influenced by The Awakening and, curiously, Radiohead.

There are three more songs that still need some serious work. One of them doesn't have vocals so to speak of, only speech and some backing vocals, but needs a lot of drum editing. The other two need to be recorded and produced except for the drums, which we did already two years ago. Two years! Time flies...

But I'm having my hopes up right now, and have started checking and re-recording the synths for Acid Rain. Hopefully I'll get them done this week, and then some more!

best of luck everyone, and keep yourselves safe!

Hypnosis

No comments:

Post a Comment